If you are contemplating adopting from us please read our adoption and fostering requirements in FULL and ensure that you meet them ALL before completing an application form. If you have questions we welcome them by e mail: email@example.com *PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT UNDERTAKE INTERNATIONAL ADOPTIONS.*
Thank you for considering rehoming one of our greyhounds.
We have some common sense guidelines which we apply to rehoming. However, we are flexible and are always open to discussion with regard to homing any of our greyhounds.
If you are unsure about any of the requirements, we are happy to discuss them with you. You are welcome to call Siobhan on 07960 561 988 or Sue on 07794 463 249.
• Due to the size of the greyhounds we prefer children in the household to be over 5 years of age.
• Greyhounds must not be left home alone for extended periods of time, e.g. not more than 4 hours. If they are to be left for longer hours a dog walker or similar carer MUST be in place.
• All resident dogs MUST be neutered.
• It is ESSENTIAL that prospective adopters/fosterers have a secure garden/yard area with a fence of at least 5 foot high completely surrounding the perimeter and a lockable gate, free of any hazards. Safety of our hounds is of the utmost importance. Please note: we CANNOT consider applicants who have shared communal gardens.
• Vaccinations MUST be kept up-to-date.
• A home check will always be carried out prior to adoption. • A £150 homing donation will be required.
Please note: greyhounds either on home trial, in foster or adopted from us must NEVER be walked using a retractable lead as these are totally unsuitable for greyhounds. There have been many instances of serious injury caused during their use and the plastic handle, if dropped, can easily ‘spook’ a hound.