*OUR KENNELS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS*
HOMING UPDATE: 24.5.20
We are pleased to announce that, after much discussion, our Trustees have decided to restart the homing procedure to enable SELECT homings to take place. However, we MUST adhere to Government guidelines, therefore:
*We are now ONLY able to consider homings for those people who have already had a home check undertaken by our rescue (pre lockdown) or have had a home check in the past prior to adopting one of our greyhounds*
*Have had and passed a homecheck in the past undertaken by a greyhound rescue that we are able to contact and verify with*
As time goes on we will be able to expand our criteria for homings but for the time being this is how we will have to operate. If you have already submitted a homing form and fall into the criteria listed above we will be in touch with you, there is no need to submit another application. Applications for general homing can still be submitted, however if you do not fall into the above categories you will have to be prepared to wait until we are in a position to be able to consider your application. Thank you.
Thank you for considering rehoming one of our greyhounds.
We have some common sense guidelines which we apply to rehoming. However, we are flexible and are always open to discussion with regard to homing any of our greyhounds.
If you are unsure about any of the requirements, we are happy to discuss them with you. You are welcome to call Siobhan on 07960 561 988 or Sue on 07794 463 249.
• Due to the size of the greyhounds we prefer children in the household to be over 5 years of age
• Greyhounds must not be left home alone for extended periods of time, eg not more than 4 hours. If they are to be left for longer hours a dog walker or similar carer must be in place
• All resident dogs must be neutered.
• Prospective adopters/fosterers must have a secure garden with a fence of at least 5 foot high and lockable gate, it must not be a shared garden
• Vaccinations must be kept up-to-date.
• A homecheck will always be carried out prior to adoption.
• A £130 homing donation will be required.